Sabrina Dames is an artist who loves to paint abstracts.. Her interest in painting began in elementary school in Washington, DC, where she was born. A teacher was impressed with one of her drawings and put her in an after school art program sponsored by the Corcoran Gallery. She has taken classes at the Maryland College of Art and Design and the Art League Alexandria, Virginia/Torpedo Factory Art Center. Sabrina’s painting “Love Flowers” was featured in the Art Impact USA 2016/2017 exhibit “Light of Our Future” at Children’s National Health System Hospital in Washington, DC. Her painting “Heart Dazzle” won honorable mention for the 2016 exhibit " Carnaval: Celebrations of the African Diaspora “ at the PEPCO Edison Place Gallery in Washington, DC.. She was a featured artist in Artomatic 2017 and 2015. She is also a journalist and has worked for BET News, CBS, CNN, WJLA-TV, WTOP Radio and The Pentagon Channel. She has journalism degrees from Howard University, Washington, DC and Columbia University, New York, NY. Sabrina lives in Maryland with her husband Curtis, daughter Ayana and mother Anita.
Here are a few other things about her:
1. She LOVES sweets, especially chocolate. Favorites: Tate's Bakeshop chocolate chip cookies; frozen Kit Kats; Barq's rootbeer; and ice cream (no nuts).
2. She attended elementary schools in Washington, DC and North Carolina ( St. Martin's, Moten, Garfield, Brutonville, Biscoe)
3. She lived and attended junior and senior high school in Arlington, Virginia (Green Valley, Gunston and Wakefield)
4. She loved spending summers in Biscoe, NC with her grandmother Mary Wilson who was a teacher.
5. Her other favorite place to visit is Nassau Bahamas where her father's side of the family lives (Rolle,Dames).